In Balance Studio is an organization dedicated to building calm minds, calm bodies and positive connections for children, teens, families, and their communities.
At the heart of all In Balance Studio practices, is the fact that children have an amazing ability to use play and imagination to solve problems, to grow, and to heal. Play is a child's natural way to learn about themselves and their relationships in the world. Play allows the mind and body to relax, making space for learning new skills or for seeing a presenting challenge from a different perspective.
All practices are based on the belief that we learn best in the present moment, in connection with others, when we feel safe and when we are having fun. Many times we are told what to do, but not shown HOW or WHY. In Balance offers a dynamic therapeutic environment that embodies the HOW, WHY, and WHAT to do through actual experiences of doing it, in the here-and-now.
- Child-Centered Play Therapy
- Parent-Child Play Therapy
- Animal-Assisted Play Therapy Meet Co-Therapists: Baxter and Sarah!!
- Emotional Freedom Techniques (EFT)
- Mindfulness (based on trainings in Little Flower Yoga)
- Social-Emotional THINKING groups (based on clinical trainings of Social Thinking curricula & social skills)
Benefits of In Balance Studio practices:
- Increased harmony and synchronicity in relationships
- Increased emotional intelligence
- Increased ability to self-regulate
- Increased ability to focus and manage distractions
- Increased ability to relax
- Increased ability to problem-solve